Consultant; planning and execution of investigation as well as planning and supervision of remediation.
OMV Petrom planned the erection of a new central administration complex ("Petrom City") on a part of the former tank farm premises. Other parts of the area will be used for housing construction. In the run-up of revitalization the site had to be investigated concerning subsoil contamination and the remediation (soil and groundwater) had to be supervised.
Outline / Scope of Works:
- Detailed investigation of soil and groundwater contamination.
- Modeling of groundwater flow and contaminant transport (FEFLOW).
- Planning of remediation.
- Coordination of remediation concept with authorities.
- Supervision of remediation, including.
- Soil excavation.
- Groundwater remediation.
- Recovery of product phases.
- Enhanced Natural Attenuation.
- 190,000 m² land area
- Storage volume 26,000 m³
- Massive soil and ground water pollution by mineral oil products
- Cleaning of 200,000 m³ soil and 3 Mio. m³ groundwater, recovery of ca. 2,000 m³ product phase
Outcome / Client Benefits
- Risk-based concept for remediation; complete clean-up of site was not necessary.
- Definition of remediation goals depending on future land use.
- First project of its kind, role model in Romania.
Find out more about our services and what we can do for you...