GIS maintenance system for a Petrol-Station-Network of approximately 300 sites in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
Oil! is a fast growing company in Europe and within the last 5 years their network of petrol stations has grown from 25 stations to almost 300. Oil!'s intention was to find a technical tool to manage all relevant data for maintaining the technical and financial part of their network. Specifically the legal examination dates of the pumps underground storage tanks, fluid tight pavements and other legal documentation.
Outline / Scope of Works:
HPC AG has established a GIS tool for the complete petrol station network for Oil! which has included;
1. Developing a GIS System according to the needs and organisational structure of the client
2. Site visits were undertaken at each station to collect data, maps, drawings, and all paper documents
3. All available documents were scanned and uploaded onto the system
4. New data was augmented to existing data to provide a comprehensive system
5. Training of relevant employees undertaken
6. New tools were added to the system according to new regulations as they were introduced, for example creating "explosive documents" for each.
Outcome / Client Benefits:
The GIS systems carry some unique benefits to Oil!
• Cost Reduction
• Much faster reaction time to solve problems at different sites
• No penalties because of expired legal examination dates
• Oil! is ready to react promptly on any new additional regulatory requirements
• Simplified and comprehensive data maintenance
The ultimate benefit of the GIS system is to save time, money and to operate more efficiently.
Find out more about our services and what we can do for you...